Hi! If you’re here for the Ankylosing Spondylitis posts, or you want to know more about AS from a fellow Ankylosaur, then this is the page for you! I’m going to update it when I write about AS related subjects. So, let’s start at the beginning and move on from there
!!!WARNING – Long list of links to follow!!!
- My first post was inspired by a Facebook post that I wrote back in 2015 and covered how I felt a year after getting my diagnosis. I’ve also covered the signs of potential inflammatory back pain in more detail, and the BASDAI/BASFI that we complete.
- I then wrote about the benefits of walking (and plugged Walk Your AS Off as I often do!) Later, I covered the benefits of owning a pet which tied in quite well to the walking theme. I’ve referred people to the NASS Back to Action app a couple of times.
- I also covered Anti-TNF treatment and how it worked for me. (As well as the downside that I experience with my Humira Hangover.) That briefly address the immune system, but I also wrote a more detailed post later on. I covered the catch-22 situation that you find yourself in when you have an infection but you’re due your injection. You can also find my article on drug interactions and communicating with your care team.
- I discussed my kyphosis (which is a potential result of not getting diagnosed quickly enough). In fact I talked about it twice!
- I wrote a list about the good things that AS has brought into my life as well as a pep talk for fellow Ankylosaurs.
- I’ve addressed the difference between stiffness and pain, and even talked about the mental toll that AS has on me. I’ve only written a more detailed piece about flares once really (there’s plenty about them elsewhere…)
- I’ve written a bit on why AS is a disability, comparing symptoms and the rise of Disability Top Trumps and even the culture of demonising benefit claimants.
- I’ve referenced Christine Miserandino’s Spoon Theory a few times, written about it and also who can use it – because (believe it or not) there’s an argument about it!
- If you’re interested in suitable diets, I gave a sceptical opinion on it in 2016.